21 March 2013

Ellen DeGeneres & Portia De Rossi's Beverly Hills Estate


































Since comedian/ talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and her wife Portia De Rossi are due to visit Australia any day now, I thought it would be a good time to show their absolutely gorgeous estate in Beverly Hills, which was featured in Architectural Digest a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure if the pair still live in this home, or if they have moved onto another property. You see, DeGeneres is obsessed with houses. She has lost count of how many she's had. So, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that yet another stunning home has become her latest passion.

DeGeneres and De Rossi love to collect art and furniture from around the world, as you can see by the beautiful rooms full of their collected treasures. I'm guessing they will return to the States with at least a few goodies, from the land of Oz, which is De Rossi's home country.

The white stucco house with steel pitched roof sits upon three acres, a sizeable property, even by Beverly Hills standards. DeGeneres acquired a couple of surrounding properties, to enlarge the estate, creating a lush garden, complete with pool, pond, and guest housing.

It is quite difficult for me to choose favourite rooms in this home. I would have to say my first choice is the enclosed porch off the kitchen (top image, above). I really like the cozy rustic table and chairs set in such a clean-lined modern room. My other favourites would have to be the very elegant grey and gold master bedroom, along with the beautiful master bath, which has a view of a private garden (swoon!), and a huge sky-lit shower.

These women have great taste, that's all I can say.


{all images via AD}

No comments: